Business Intelligence, Custom Software Design - Publishing, Social Media, Web Development - A San Antonio, Texas based company -
Business Intelligence, Custom Software Design and Development, Social Media
A San Antonio, Texas based company -
WMSNi Workload Dashboard
Welcome to the BIF Technologies, Corp portal page for WMSNi. This page contains information about WMSNi activities and products developed or supported by BIF Technologies. In the material that follows you will find links to...
OpenSSL and Insight
This page contains a brief tutorial on using OpenSSL with Apache Tomcat. It also contains some material on configuring an Insight installation to use OpenSSL. The content is derived from a motley crew of sources...
WMSNi Workload Dashboard
Protected: by w4l3XzY3
This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below: Password:
Welcome to the BIF Technologies, Corp portal page for WMSNi. This page contains information about WMSNi activities and products developed or supported by BIF Technologies. In the material that follows you will find links to events, journals, training opportunities, and descriptions of products. Please bear in mind that this page is hosted by a privately held corporation and that the views presented here do not represent DHA or DoD. WMSNi is produced for DoD and all decisions about deployment, development, and direction should be directed to DHA program management.
This page contains a brief tutorial on using OpenSSL with Apache Tomcat. It also contains some material on configuring an Insight installation to use OpenSSL. The content is derived from a motley crew of sources and other documents; references to those documents are found at the bottom of this page in a section titled References.
[tabs style="default" title="OpenSSL and Insight"]
[tab title="Configuring the Certificate Authority (CA)"]
1) Setup the file system for the certificate authority. This will mean creating a directory per the commands indicated in Figure 1.
2) While you are still in the directory c:\openssl_work_folder\certificate_authority put the number 1000 (one thousand) into a file called serial by using the command echo at the command prompt. Your command will look like the following:
echo 1000 > serial
A screenshot showing the command being executed in shown in Figure 2.
3) Create an empty file called index.txt in the directory c:\openssl_work_folder\certificate_authority.
4) Copy openssl.cnf from the installation directory into the directory c:\openssl_work_folder.
5) There is a variable called dir in the file openssl.cnf. We will need to assign a value that makes all of this work for the file structure that you have setup. The variable will be on a line that looks something like the following:
dir = ./demoCA # Where everything is kept
You will change this to match your file system. After changing the line, if your file system was setup according to Figure 1, the line should become
dir = c:\openssl_work_folder\certificate_authority # Where everything is kept
Note: You will also change the variable new_certs_dir from $dir/new_certs to $/new_certificates. And you will also need to change the variable certs from $dir/certs to $dir/certificates. You can avoid all these changes if you do not suffer with the condition that affects the author of this document: the inability to abbreviate.
6) Using the openssl command we will now create a certificate authority (CA). You will only be able to reproduce the results seen in the figure below if the OpenSSL bin directory is in the executable path.
The full command that was executed is show below
The output from running this command is the file cakey.pem. This file is the certificate authority. You were expecting something more? Well, although it does not look
[tab title="Configuring Insight for SSL"]
To install and configure SSL support on our Tomcat-based Insight, you need to follow these simple steps.
Create a keystore file to store the server's private key and self-signed certificate by executing the following command:Windows:
San Antonio, TX., 31 July 2011 — Following almost two years of rigorous evaluation, BIF Technologies, Corp has been awarded a position on the GSA STARS II contract. The river city consulting firm, specializing in business intelligence and custom software design, has achieved a strategic win by gaining a position …